From MacBook Pro Dictionary1) The surroundings or condition of which a person, animal, or plant lives or operates.It could be the environment of which you study in or you read in, etc.
2) The environment is the natural world, as a whole or in a particular geographical, especially affected by human activities. This kind of environment can be a pond environment or a forest environment where animals, plants, fungi and micro-organisms live together in a predator- prey relationship.
1) The aggregate of the surrounding things, conditions, or influences. For example, "The environment we live in is a hostile one as there are war going on in the neighbouring countries."
2) The air, water, minerals, organisms, and all other external factors surrounding and effecting a given organism at any time. For example, "The environment the sparrow lives in right now supplies it with sufficient air, water , food and warmth for it to survive."
3) The social and cultural forces that shape the life of a person or population. For example, "The environment children live in nowadays give them too much comfort that usually they lack of survival skills."
4) The hardware or software configuration, or the mode of operation, of a computer system. For example, "In today's fast-paced environment, messages sent through email or SMS can be immediately answered by the other party."
5) An indoor or outdoor setting that is characterised by the presence of environmental art that is itself designed to be site-specific. For example, "This art museum' environment has been changed to suit the art-lovers who like to come here to view the pieces of art masterpieces."
1) The circumstances, objects or conditions by which one is surrounded. For example, "You would be surrounded by huge piles of useless rubbish if you step into that storeroom."
2) a : The complex of physical, chemical, and biotic factors (such as climate, soil, and living things) that act upon an organism or an ecological community and ultimately determine its form and survival. For example, "Star-nosed moles require darkness, lots of soil and food to survive well."( b : is similar to meaning of environment number 3 of dictionary.com)
3) The position or characteristic position of a linguistic element in a sequence. For example, "The different dialects evolve over time in each province of a country is a result of their different linguistic environment."
4) A computer interface from which various tasks can be performed . For example, "Facebook and Blogger are different environments of the computer."