Sunday, June 27, 2010

Elderly Challenge - Observation 2


After observing my grandfather in his day, I found out how long it takes for him to cook meals. He has to cook for my family everyday without a break. Having to remember all the recipes all the time and sometimes add new ones can be quite hard to do. Whenever he starts cooking dinner, after every dish he would stop to have a small break and start to smoke, before continuing. Frequently my grandfather would get burnt while cooking, making it inconvenient for him to stop cooking halfway and wash the burnt part. Although he has put on plasters on his fingers so when cooking oil hits his fingers, it would not be as painful, I can see that he is enduring the pain but does not show it, as he had been cooking for a very long time and might have gotten used to the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment